This week, my Dark Darlings, I’d like you to meet a close blogging friend, who has sometimes flirted with me, sometimes beta read for me but always supported and inspired me – The scorching hot Sorcha Rowan. I discovered her fabulous blog about a year ago, and in that time she has branched out exponentially. Read on and find out what goes on in her head and puts va-va-voom into this sassy blogger.
- What made you decide to write on an adult/erotic theme?
I’ve always liked sex and sexy stories/imagery. Being raised in a culture and society that repressed/discouraged that meant I had a ton of repressed emotions, fantasies, and ideas. Deciding to write a couple of stories for podcasts that some friends of mine put out tapped into that reserve of energy and tension. While neither of them were as explicit as some of the erotica I would come to write, it was the feather that started the avalanche. Once I gave myself permission to open up that door a little wider, a whole host of stories poured out.
- What draws you to the blogs you follow?
I don’t read a lot of blogs. The ones I do are often erotic fiction or other sex positive blogs (reviews, tips, that sort of thing). What truly leads me to read the blogs I do initially at least has more to do with the personality of the blogger than the content. Do they have a sense of humor? Is there more to them than “read my article/story/review”? Do they feel genuine? Those things will come across in their writing.
- List 5 words you use to search for the content you want to read/view
- What is your favourite type of adult toy?
I have a prostate massager I like to use on people who have a prostate. More prostate havers should engage in some degree of anal stimulation. There’s a culture of toxic masculinity that says “I don’t want to stick things up my butt because that might make me gay.” And I’m like “oh, honey, let me fuck you in the ass just once.”
- If you were sent to a desert island (with no power issues) name the adult item or film or book you’d take with you:
The Sleeping Beauty Quartet if allowed all four books. Anne Rice introduced me to BDSM and a lot of my favorite kinks when I was in my late teens. I didn’t know it at the time but I think she’d lay some of the groundwork for my authorial voice. And it’s hot. As I recall.
- What’s your current sexuality? At what age did you realise this was the right ‘fit’ for you?
Bisexual. I’ve always been attracted to men and women (women moreso) but it wasn’t until the last four years that I allowed myself to think in terms of being bisexual to overcome some of my religious programming against same sex attraction.
- What’s your preference – naked or “dressed up” for sex? If dressed up, how so?
Naked eventually, though I don’t mind wearing something sexy initially. I’m a big fan of a lot of lace.
- Is there a kink or fantasy you’re yearning to try?
I write a lot of “light” BDSM but I’ve had extremely limited actual experience. I’ve never been tied up for example. I think I would love it. I love being held down and controlled.
- Name a pivotal moment in your youth which may have set the path for your sex life:
I was exposed to a lot of soft core porn at an early age. I engaged in a lot of masturbation from the time I was 8 or 9 on up. Sadly, there was a lot of shame and sneaking around attached to that.
- Name the fictional being or species you’d most like to have an encounter with:
Vampires. See my initial comment about Anne Rice. While I don’t actually like the vampires in her fiction or in the Twilight series, the vampire lore in some other books like Connor Peterson’s or Molly Harper’s can be so damn sexy.
- You’re going to a party – if you could pick 5 ideal guests (living or dead) to meet and party with, who would they be? Expand a little on why you chose them.
Jesus Christ – A pat answer maybe but I was raised in a Christian tradition and the Jesus portrayed in the Bible has a level of compassion for marginalized people that modern Christians could learn a lot from.
Stephen King – Hands down my favorite author.
Anaïs Nin – While I haven’t read her work, she seems like she’d be an amazing dinner guest and I’d love to get to know her. I also need to read her work. 😀
Mata Hari – If I couldn’t have a LOVELY evening with one of the most famous dancers/adult entertainers/spies in history then I’m going something wrong.
David Bowie – I’ve always admired him as an entertainer and his penchant for bending the concepts of gender in every way imaginable.
- What would you choose for your drag queen / burlesque dancer name?
- Sex needn’t always be serious – do you have a funny moment to share?
As much as I agree, sadly I don’t have one that springs to mind.
- Sexting – love it or hate it?
LOVE IT! With the right person it can be fabulously erotic and often inspires stories. I have a few people I do it with regularly.
- Which mainstream film depicts your favourite erotic scene?
The extended love scene in Blue is the Warmest Color. Yes some of it is male-gazy but FUCK it’s hot.
- If you watch porn, do you have a preference for professional or amateur?
Amateur often feels more visceral. Sadly sometimes that comes at the expense of a lack of quality lighting/angles, but I want a real orgasm or five and seeing people who are REALLY into it.
- Nominate your favourite “adult” film or book
I have a super soft spot in my… heart for Emmanuelle. It was one of those movies I watched EVERY TIME I could with one hand down my underwear.
- Before you go, please advise us 1 sex blog which we should add to our reading list:
http://asraidevin.com/ never lets me down!
Thank you so much for sharing your more ‘private’ side with me and my Dark Darlings!
You can find Sorcha in all these places!
Shares from Pillow Talk have been:
#SinfulSunday : Let’s Get Physical
#WickedWednesday: Song for Whoever
#LingerieisforEveryone: What’s Your Preference?
#Elust: Episode 120